Sunday, September 13, 2015

ALPHA v. 0.1.01 (September 13)

Rush patch today, since so many anons kindly left bug reports.

To clarify, all feedback is useful, even if I don't apply it. Let me know what you want out of this game, and I'll include it if I have the ability, time, and inclination. Input from multiple threads elsewhere has already impacted this game a lot; if I had gone straight from my own ideas to an alpha, there would be no reputation mechanic, no clothing options, and no dicks.

Download: Mega (outdated, find the latest version under Alpha in the sidebar). I've heard some vague complaints about Mega elsewhere; let me know in the comments if anyone has hesitations about downloading from them, and I'll mirror it.

For now, I have engaged in a little triage and taken the ability to improve the player's arcology offline. This needs a lot of work and I've got plenty to fix elsewhere; I'll re-enable it once it's in decent shape.

Thanks to everyone who's playtesting and giving feedback; great stuff. Fixes and updates include:
  • Better handling of nymphos. In game nymphomania is basically an all-of-the-above fetish that is superior to all others for strictly gameplay purposes.
  • Encyclopedia includes an article explaining what the game means by "nympho."
  • Nymphomania more powerful and harder to obtain.
  • Slaves should no longer appear virgin and pregnant.
  • Encyclopedia now includes table of contents.
  • Encyclopedia articles explaining several game mechanics in more detail.
  • Game should now display price of auctioned virginities.
  • Easy and normal difficulties now include a head start on reputation.
  • Cheat mode now permits the player to choose an eligible random event instead of getting one randomly. This is mostly for my own debugging purposes and may have unexpected effects.
  • Chastity belts should now properly prevent vaginal effects of whoring.
  • Slaves in confinement should no longer appear walking around.
  • Fixed bad interactions between mental states for slaves with more than one.
  • The economy passage should properly display reputation.
  • Addressed numerous other minor bugs and content oversights.
Also, if any Twine veterans know why older saves seem to slow the game down, by all means let me know. I've already disabled passage transitions, history controls, and history tracking, and the save files don't seem to hit a size that would cause slowdown.