Monday, September 21, 2015

ALPHA v. 0.1.09 (September 21)


I debated bumping the version number to 0.2 today, because there are several significant additions that bring things forward towards a complete game.

I heard all the feedback about not having enough to do with money, so I've added two big ticket items. First, I threw out the old, fiddly arcology upgrades system and put in expensive upgrades that encourage the growth of your arcology's economy. The PC is a tycoon, not a middle manager.

Second, I added the first two of several planned adjunct businesses to which slaves can be assigned. These should help declutter the late game by giving players something to do with 'completed' slaves. I also intend leadership positions for these businesses; first up is a madam for the brothel. Both of the businesses cannot take rebellious slaves but there will be more restraint-oriented businesses in the future.

Download: Mega. Be sure you have 0.1.09+, since 0.1.09 is broken.
After repeated requests for a link to my Patreon, I now have one. I'm repeating everywhere I can that I am doing this for fun, I consider this a tip jar, and will spend the same amount of my time on this irrespective of Patreon.

Patch Notes:
  • A separate brothel. At the moment, this is very simple, but I mean to get the bugs found and fixed before fleshing it out.
  • A dairy, similar to the brothel.
  • Arcology upgrades. These are likewise simple for now.
  • Sweeping rebalance which mostly focused on reputation. Reputation is now calculated more smoothly which should stop players bouncing between reputation levels. It is now slightly easier to keep, but harder to gain.
  • Permissive rules now cost more. This is a slight nerf to devoted slaves, who deserve it.
  • Continued UI fiddling; with today's additions this may be a mess, since I haven't playtested every permutation.
  • Content improvements.
  • Bugfixes.